- MBBS (Colombo)
- MD (Psychiatry)
- Diploma in Psychology
- Diploma in Counselling
- General Psychiatry
- Community Psychiatry
- General Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Alcohol and Substance induced Psychiatric disorders
Books & Monographs published:
- Stress (In Sinhalese language)
ISBN No. 978-955-652-559-2
- Living with Bipolar Affective Disorder (In Sinhalese language)
ISBN No. 978-955-97893-6-9
- Women’s Health and Mental Illnesses (In Sinhalese language)
ISBN No. 978-955-97893-5-2
- Directory of Mental Health Service Providers in Sri Lanka (In English language)
- The Chief Editor of the official Magazine of Mana Suwa Piyasa 2008-2010.
(In English language and in Sinhalese Language)
ISSN No. 2012-5194
- Post MD dissertation on “Depression in patients with epilepsy; a hospital based study” A descriptive-analytical study conducted at follow up epilepsy clinics at National Hospital Sri Lanka and Colombo South Teaching Hospital
National and International Presentations on Research
- Ketogenic Diet In Prevention of Cognitive Decline in Alzheimer’s Disease: General Sir John Kothelawala Defence University. Mudalige I.U.K, Wijesinghe R.A.N.K, Fernando N.F.J, Mendis B.J, Jayathissa R, Yalegama L.L.W.C, Jayasinghe M.P.G.K, Edirisooriya E.A.A.N.E, Ranganatha U.L.H, Mandulee R.A.L, Kathriarachchi S.T. The 2nd International Conference on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine (SilverAge, 2020), Colombo-2020, Oral Presentation
- “Sleep Disorders in Elderly”: General Sir John Kothelawala Defence University. Mudalige I.U.K, Wijesinghe R.A.N.K, Fernando N.F.J, Mendis B.J, Jayathissa R, Yalegama L.L.W.C, Jayasinghe M.P.G.K, Edirisooriya, E.A.A.N.E, Ranganatha U.L.H, Mandulee R.A.L, Kathriarachchi S.T. The 2nd International Conference on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine (SilverAge, 2020), Colombo-2020, Oral Presentation
- “Frequency of Psychological Disorders among Applicants for Undergraduate Studies at General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University”. MKOK De Silva, K Hettigoda, T Solomons, BJ Mendis, Mudalige I U K, NFJ Fernando, WJC Alwis. The 13th International Research Conference, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University, Colombo- 2020, Poster Presentation
- “Facts on Virgin Coconut Oil for Alzheimer’”. Mudalige I.U.K., Namal Wijesinghe, Neil.F.J.Fernando, L L W Chandi Yalegama, Renuka Jayatissa, S. T. Kathriarachchi. The 1st International Conference on Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine (SilverAge, 2019), Colombo-2019, Oral Presentation
- “Moving from detection to pre-detection of Alzheimer’s Disease from MRI data”. K. A. N. N. P Gunawardena, R. N Rajapakse, N. D Kodikara,
- “Determining the extent of depressive disorders and associated factors among patients with epilepsy in Sri Lanka” Mudalige I.U.K, Kathriarachchi S. 20thInternational Psychiatric Conference, Pakistan Psychiatric Society, Pakistan-2014, Oral Presentation
- “Depression among patients with Epilepsy” Hospital based descriptive cross sectional study. Mudalige I.U.K, Kathriarachchi S. 8th International Conference of SAARC Psychiatric Federation, Nepal-2014, Oral Presentation
- “The importance of thorough assessment of patients on antipsychotic medication, presenting with neck movements” Mudalige I.U.K, Kathriarachchi S, Kulatunga. International Psychiatric Conference/Annual Academic Sessions of the Sri Lanka College of Psychiatrists, 2008.
- “Diagnostic & Cognitive Profiles of children presenting with learning difficulties” Mudalige I.U.K., H.Perera, Y. Jegan, N.V.M.P.Wimalasena, K.B.F.Fazmin, 3rd International Conference of SAARC Federation of Psychiatric Associations.2007, Oral Presentation-8, P 48-49.
- “Laboratory investigation of an outbreak of Dengue virus infection” GunasenaSunethra, Mudalige I.U.K., Wickramasingha Geethani, Ekanayaka Lalith, Thamara Kumara Manike K.M., Jayawardana J.G.L.S. Annual Academic Sessions of the Sri Lanka College of Microbiologist, 2002, OP-13.
- “Murine Typhus in children of Hambantota District” A.Amarasinghe, Mudalige I.U.K., A.M.Vas, D.K.Shantha Kumara, A.M.Ediriveera. Annual Scientific Congress of the Sri Lanka College of Paediatricians, 2000, FP-21, P 60.
Experience as a supervisor for Masters Degree/ MSc (D&SS) Students:
- “Incorporation of meditation in DSCSC for stress management of the student officers, Sri Lankan Defence Services Command And Staff College Based Study”, Lt Cdr Khandakar Elius Kanchon, Psc, (Bangladesh), Masters in Defence and Strategic Studies MSc (D&SS), DSCSC Course No 10, Defence Services Command And Staff College, Sri Lanka.
- “Effect of Yoga Meditation on Army Veterans suffering with PTSD; Sri Lankan Army Based Study”, Major DRKB Ambuwangala, Masters in Defence and Strategic Studies MSc (D&SS), DSCSC Course No 10, Defence Services Command And Staff College, Sri Lanka.
- “Effect of Yoga Meditation on Sports Performances; Sri Lankan Army Based Study”, Major SPRS Palliyaguru, Masters in Defence and Strategic Studies MSc (D&SS), DSCSC Course No 10, Defence Services Command And Staff College, Sri Lanka.
- “Study of quality of life of disabled soldiers; Sri Lankan Army Based Study”, Major MGS Priyarathna, Masters in Defence and Strategic Studies MSc (D&SS), DSCSC Course No 09, Defence Services Command And Staff College, Sri Lanka.
Experience as a supervisor for BSc Degree Students:
- Pre-detection of Alzheimers disorder from neuroimaging data using image processing techniques, KANNP Gunawardena, SCS4124-final year project in computer science, University of Colombo.
Experience as a Research Assistant:
- “Survey of rheumatic fever/ rheumatic heart disease patients at the Lady Ridgeway Hospital for children, Colombo” Conducted by Dr. P.N. Thenabadu MBBS MD FRCP FACC FCCP (Chief of cardiology – Institute of cardiology – National Hospital Sri Lanka.
- “Cost Analysis of Maternal and Child Health Services in Kaduwela DDHS area” Conducted by Dr. Renuka Jayatissa MBBS MSc MD Consultant Nutritionist–UNICEF/ Medical Research Institute, Sri Lanka
- “Assessment of some aspects of quality of patient care in medical wards of the National Hospital of Sri Lanka” Conducted by Dr. C.K Gunathunga MBBS. M.Sc. MD. (Consultant in Community Medicine– Maternal & Child Health, Public Health Department, Municipal Council, Colombo).
- “Survey of Dengue Fever and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever patients at the Naval Hospital” Conducted by Dr Lalith Ekanayake USP. MBBS. MD. DDHM (Aus) FCCP. Director General Naval Medical Services, Consultant Physician and Gastroenterologist, Consultant in Diving and Hyperbarric Medicine, Navy Hospital, Navy Headquarters, Colombo.
Key speech /Symposia given at Conferences:
- “Handling violent patient in Emergency Department”, Annual Scientific Sessions of Sri Lankan Society of Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, 2014, Symposium
- “Depression in Medical Comorbidities; Recognition and Management”, Synapse, CPD session for Sri Lankan Psychiatrists, October 2015, Key speech.
- Coconut Research Institute for conducting the following research
- “A randomized, triple blind, placebo-controlled, parallel group, clinical trial of adjunctive extra virgin coconut oil therapy in people with mild Neuro-Cognitive Disorder and major Neuro-Cognitive Disorder due to Alzheimer’s disease”
Professional Society Memberships:
- Sri Lanka College of Psychiatrists
- Ceylon College of Physicians
- Sri Lanka Medical Association
- Council member -Ceylon College of Physicians 2015/2016.
- Visiting Lecturer – MD ( Psychiatry ), Post Graduate Institute of Medicine
- Visiting Lecturer- Diploma Course in Counselling, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Visiting Lecturer- MSc in Human Nutrition, Post Graduate Institute of Medicine