Brig (Dr) PTR Makuloluwa
Senior Lecturer – Grade I – Anaesthesia
Contact Details : Mobile : 0777 384522
Residence : 011 2763096
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- MBBS (Colombo)
- MD (Anaesthesiology)
- FRCA (London)
- CCST (Specialist Training Authority of Royal Colleges, UK)
- Board Certified Consultant Anaesthetist in Sri Lanka
- Consultant Anaesthetist with specialist qualifications in the UK (CCST)
- Critical Care Medicine & Pain Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Anaesthesia & Pain Medicine
- PPIE (Patient Public Involvement and Engagement in Research)
- Mentorship training for nurses
- Makuloluwa PTR. Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR) with Laryngeal Mask Airway: Case series. SAARC Journal of Anaesthesia, 2008:1 (1)1
- Makuloluwa PTR. Association of Chronic pain in neck and lower back with degenerative changes in cervical and lumbar spines in service personnel; Case Series. Outcomes of Symposium – KDU August 2011.
- PDS Ramani, PTR Makuloluwa. Factors associated with anaemia during pregnancy in a semi urban area Dehiwela Mount Lavinia: a case control study. Symposium Proceedings – KDU 2013: pp 185-89.
- V Ganegama Arachchi, PTR Makuloluwa. Anthropometric measurements and nutritional adequacy of elite Sri Lankan Volleyball players; Symposium Proceedings – KDU 2013: pp 190- 94.
- V G Archchi, S Wasalathanthiri, T Makuloluwa. Macronutrient Adequacy of Elite Sri Lankan Swimmers. International Conference on Multidisciplinary Approaches (iCMA) Proceedings, Faculty of Graduate Studies, USJP 2014.
- Perera ADP, Ariyasinghe AS, Makuloluwa PTR (2015). Relationship of Competitive Success to the Physique of Sri Lankan Rowers. American Journal of Sports Science and Medicine, 3(3): 61-65.
- Edirisinghe NP, Goonewardena CSE, Makuloluwa PTR, Amarasekara AATD; Applications of McGill pain Questionnaire as an Assessment Tool for patients with pain; Literature Review, International Journal of Current Research; Volume 10, Issue 06, Page no. 70116-70121, June 2018 http://www.journalcra.com/current-issue
- K. Abhayasinghe, N. Edirisinghe, T. Makuloluwa & E. S. Hill; Clinical Mentoring: Is it important for Nursing Education in Sri Lanka?; New Vision Annual Issue (ISSN 2613 – 8735) Graduate Nurses’ Foundation of Sri Lanka Vol. 8 Issue I March 2019.
- Makuloluwa PTR; A Personal Perspective in the Management of Neuropathic Pain in War Injured; Scientific Sessions/ College of Anaesthesiologists of Sri Lanka 2009. Abstract Book.
- Makuloluwa PTR; Management of Neuropathic pain in war injured (Poster); International Association for Study of Pain (IASP) 13th World Congress on Pain – Montreal / Canada 2010. Proceedings Book.
- Makuloluwa PTR; The efficacy of gabapentin and amitriptyline in the control of pain in lumbar radiculopathy (Poster); 9th Congress of SAARC Association of Anaesthesiologists – India 2011. Abstract Book.
- Makuloluwa PTR; Association of Chronic pain in neck and lower back with degenerative changes in cervical and lumbar spines in service personnel; Case Series. Annual Symposium – KDU August 2011. Abstract Book.
- Perera A.D.P, Ariyasinghe A, Makuloluwa P.T.R.; Association between anthropometric characteristics and performance among professional rowers in the Sri Lankan Army. Sri Lanka Medical Association (SLMA) 128th Anniversary International Medical Congress, 2015. Abstract Book; PP. 244.
- Perera A.D.P, Ariyasinghe A, Makuloluwa P.T.R.; Association between health-related physical fitness characteristics and performance among professional rowers in the Sri Lankan Army. MR International Journal of Applied Health Sciences. Abstract Book; PP-37.
- Jayaweera GU, Makuloluwa PTR, Perera TRK, Amararathne KRJK, Premakumara GAS, Ratnasooriya WD; Oral Diuretic activity of water extract of H-Grade Quills of Cinnamomum zeylanicum Blume in rats. IRC – KDU, 2016. Proceedings Book; PP. 189
- Harishchandra K, Dhananjaya K.W.J, Dinusha K.H.T, Illukthanne I.A.T.M, Makuloluwa PTR, Edirisinghe N.; Postsurgical Pain Relief: Is it optimal or more to be done? 9th International Research Conference, KDU, Sri Lanka 2016; Proceedings Book.
- Makuloluwa P.T.R; Cancer Pain: bother, evaluation and relief. Annual Academic Sessions, Galle Medical Association, 2016; Abstract Book.
- KMD Nadeeshani, WS Kaushalya, ARC Tharindulatha, MDDM Munasinghe, J Nadeeshani, NB Kalpage, HMP Herath, PTR Makuloluwa; Knowledge, Awareness and Attitude towards Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Diseases among selected Government Bankers in Western Province, Sri Lanka. International Nursing Congress, University of Peradeniya – Sri Lanka 2018; Proceedings Book.
- KMD Nadeeshani1, WS Kaushalya1, ARC Tharindulatha1, MDDM Munasinghe1, J Nadeeshani1, NB Kalpage1, HMP Herath1, PTR Makuloluwa2; Government Bankers lead a Sedentary Life Style with tendency for Physical Inactivity: Myth or a Fact. International Research Conference – KDU 2018; Proceedings Book
- KA Jayabandara1, SADK Rodrigo1, HKS Nadeeshan1, CS Wanniarachchi1, RMAPI Rajathewa1, ADP Perera1, PTR Makuloluwa2; Prevalence of Flatfoot and its correlation with Age, Gender and BMI among Undergraduates at the Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University; International Research Conference – KDU 2018; Proceedings Book.
- Edirisinghe NP, Goonewardena CSE, Makuloluwa PTR, Amarasekara AATD; Validation of the Sinhala version of Short Form Brief Pain Inventory (SF -BPI): Preliminary findings among patients with cancer pain attending Apeksha Hospital, Maharagama, Sri Lanka. International Conference on Health Sciences 2018; Abstract PP 5: Proceedings of the International Conference on Health Sciences 2018 – FMS, USJ.
- NP Edirisinghe, CSE Goonawardenab, PTR Makuloluwac, AATD Amarasekarad ; The Sinhala Version of Short Form McGill Pain Questionnaire -2 (SF MPQ-2-Sinhala): Outcome of Preliminary Validation Study Among Patients with Cancer Pain in Sri Lanka Research Symposium 2018; Abstract OP 07: ISSN:2659 – 2029, Proceedings of 1st Research Symposium of Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, University of Ruhuna, Sri Lanka 2018.
- MD Nadeeshani1, WS Kaushalya1, ARC Tharindulatha1, MDDM Munasinghe1, NB Kalpage1, HMP Herath2 and PTR Makuloluwa3; Prevalence of modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for cardiovascular diseases among government bankers in western province, Sri Lanka; 1st International Conference on Public Health and Well-being (PUBLIC HEALTH’19); Book of Abstracts.
- Guidelines on Anaesthetic Care
Health Sector Development Project (HSDP), Ministry of Health
Perioperative Fluid and Electrolyte Management
Preoperative Preparation and Postoperative care
- Physiology for Anaesthetists, College of Anaesthesiologists & Intensivists of Sri Lanka
Regulation of respiration and ventilation & perfusion ratios
Body fluids and their homeostatic regulatory mechanisms in Health & in Disease states
- An Update on ICU Care for Nurses
- Development of Student Hand Book – Pre Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, KDU
- Curricular Development – Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology (OTT) programme, FAHS – KDU
- Development of Log Book for Operation Theatre Technology Trainees – KDU
- Curricular Development – Diploma in Nursing, Nurses Training School,
Sri Lanka Navy
- Curricular Development – BSc Hons (Nursing), Faculty of Allied Health Sciences, FAHS, KDU
- Editor-In-Chief – News Letter – Faculty of Medicine, KDU (2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019)
- “ Role of Interventional Therapy in Cancer Pain”, Resource Person at Lien Collaborative for Palliative Care Training of Trainers Programme in Sri Lanka – Module 4, 23rd February 2016, National Cancer Institute, Maharagama.
- “Simulation Training – Train the Trainer on Facilitation & Feedbac”, Resource Person at the Pre-Congress Workshop on – College of Anaesthesiologists & Intensivists of Sri Lanka (COAISL), 28th January 2016, Simulation Labs/ KDU; awarded 6 CPD Credits by the RCoA, UK.
- “Interactive Session on Case Scenarios”, Guest Speaker – Faculty of Critical Care Medicine, COAISL – Annual Academic Sessions 05th September 2015, NHSL
- “Management of Chronic Pancreatitis – Multidisciplinary Approach”,
Guest Speaker, Ceylon College of Physicians – Specialty Update Series 2016 – Update on Gastroenterology & Hepatology, 29th March, 2016, Clin MARC Auditorium, NHSL, Colombo
- “Cancer Pain: bother, evaluation and relief”, Guest Speaker, Galle Medical Association – Annual Academic Sessions, 8th October 2016 – Symposium on “Another look at Cancer: Points To Ponder”.
- “Improving Outcomes in the SAARC Region”, Symposium on Pain Medicine: 22nd February 2017, Auditorium, LRH
Title:” Neuropathic Pain: What is new and current practice”
- “Surgery: A cause of acute and chronic postsurgical pain”, Guest Speaker – CME Monthly Forum, FOM, KDU on 16th March 2017.
- “Surgery: A Cause of Acute and Chronic Pain”, Resource Person – Mini Workshop on “Pain Medicine” for MD (Anaesthesia) trainees on 18th July 2017 at the Neurotrauma Conference Hall, NHSL.
- “Pain relief in postsurgical patient, head injured and in neuropathic pain”; Clinical Case Discussion, Resource Person – Faculty of Pain Medicine, COAISL 5th Annual Academic Sessions 2017, held at Neurotrauma Auditorium, NHSL.
- “Pain Medicine for the Nurses”, Resource Person at the workshop held on 12th November 2017, conducted by the Faculty of Pain Medicine, COAISL, at ClinMARC, NHSL.
Titles: “Synopsis of Pain Management”
“Interactive Discussion on Clinical Case Scenarios: acute postsurgical and neuropathic pain”
- “Acid/ Base and Electrolyte Biochemistry”, Guest Speaker, Pre-Congress Symposium on Basic Sciences, KDU-Mayo Clinic, USA: International Nephrology, Dialysis, Transplant Medicine and Oncology Conference, February 2018.
- “Pain Education in the Developing Countries”, Guest Speaker, 8thSouth Asian Regional Pain Society (SARPS) Congress on Pain 2018, 24th & 25th February 2018, conducted by the Bangladesh Society for Study of Pain (BSSP)
- “Pain Education in Sri Lanka: Role of Nurses and Physiotherapists, Guest Speaker, Joint Annual Academic Sessions of Sri Lanka Association for the Study of Pain (SLASP), 14th July 2018, Faculty of Dental Sciences, Peradeniya.
- “Chronic Post-Surgical Pain (CPSP): new developments”, Guest Speaker at the FPM Sessions, in Jaffna on 19th October 2018.
- International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) grant to participate in the 13th World Congress in Pain – Montreal 2010
- Study funded by Cancer Research Center Grant- 002/2017, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
Title of study: Cancer pain management done at home and their associated factors; needs and perceptions of patients with cancer pain and caring practices of family caregivers attending Apeksha hospital, Maharagama, Sri Lanka
- Grant funded by the Medical Research Council (MRC), UK for South Asian Early Development and Research Capacity Building (SEARCH); Pump Priming Project (Member of PPIE module) – December 2017
Title of study: To establish a register of infant, child and adolescent twins and mothers pregnant with twins in Colombo and Vavuniya districts of Sri Lanka. This register will be utilized for research and capacity building on the aetiology of mental illness in Sri Lanka and three Low and Middle Income Countries in South Asia.
- Grant SPARKS & SRTIDES, awarded by the Lancashire Research Institute For Global Health & Wellbeing (LIFE), University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), UK May 2018. GlobalHealth@uclan.ac.uk
Title of study: To establish collaborative educational research between academic and practice colleagues in the UK and Sri Lanka in order to develop and pilot a leadership education programme for qualified, registered Sri Lankan nurses.
- Grant awarded by QR Global Challenges Research Fund, UK (GCRF) (QR), Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF), December 2018
Title of study: Supervising pre-registrant nursing students in clinical settings in Sri Lanka: current practices and perceived needs of Nurse Tutors, Practice Nurses, Nurse Academics and student nurses: A Feasibility Study for developing a clinical mentorship training programme for nurse tutors, practice nurses and nurse academics in Sri Lanka.
- MPhil in Sports Medicine
Awarded to V Ganegama Archchi by the Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayawardhenapura
Thesis: Performance of National & International level sports personnel and its association with physical and physiological characteristics and nutritional aspects
- MSc in Sports Science & Exercise (2015)
Awarded to Ms ADP Perera by the Faculty of Medicine, University of Peradeniya
Dissertation: Physical Fitness Characteristics and Performance among Professional Rowers in the Sri Lanka Army
- MPhil study in Cancer Pain (2017/18)
Faculty of Graduate Studies, USJP
Title: Cancer pain management done at home and their associated factors; needs and perceptions of patients with cancer pain and caring practices of family caregivers attending Apeksha hospital, Maharagama, Sri Lanka
- MPhil study in Cancer Pain upgraded to PhD (2019)
Title: Efficacy of a holistic care approach based educational intervention for pain management of patients with cancer attending Apeksha Hospital Maharagama, Sri Lanka: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- President – Elect, College of Anaesthesiologists & Intensivists of Sri Lanka
- Life Member – College of Anaesthesiologists & Intensivists of Sri Lanka
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists in the United Kingdom
- Member – International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP)
- Council Member – College of Anaesthesiologists & Intensivists of Sri Lanka
- Member – Faculty of Pain Medicine, College of Anaesthesiologists and Intensivists of Sri Lanka